Sunday, December 10, 2006

Beautiful Cathedrals


Lately I've been interested in searching for images of cathedrals and have found some that were nothing short of breath taking. Hopefully I will have the privelege of celebrating mass in one of these in my lifetime. To the left is one from Spain (I believe) that I was particularly impressed by.

You can click on the image for a larger view and you can view some other images from the same site by clicking here.

There is a similar post on Crossed the Tiber that I read earlier that discusses the topic of beauty in worship from a Catholic perspective.

3 comments:

Tiber Jumper said...

Yes!
It is hard to imagine why I spent so many years thinking that more spiritual was less physical. I sometimes think I was a practicing Gnostic but didn't know it!
Here's a link that my wife found:
It so glorifies our Lord Jesus!
http://www.cantius.org/Sacred-Art.htm

God bless you on this second Sunday of Advent.Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord! You are going to love Christmas as a Catholic!

stevenwagbo said...

Your blog is quite great especially the interior decoration of the cathedral is terrific did you went to spain to take the picture good luck

TheGodFearinFiddler said...

Thanks for the comments. No I haven't been to Spain. I just found this image online.