Monday, January 08, 2007

Get Ready: Blasphemy Challenge

A friend of mine passed this article on to me. I didn't have time to write a full post so just check it out if you have a minute.

I was surprised to see the author in a secular publication say about one of these teenagers being persuaded by some idiot to deny God's existence:

She's one of more than 400 mostly young people who have joined a campaign by the Web site BlasphemyChallenge.c*m to stake their souls against the existence of God. That, of course, is the ultimate no-win wager, as the 17th-century French mathematician Blaise Pascal calculated—it can't be settled until you're dead, and if you lose, you go to hell.
Peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

3 comments:

NotMyOpinion30 said...

I just got through finishing 2 Paralipomenon (Chronicles) and I can't help but feel like we are in the times of Jeremias, the prophet, steadily declining in morality until finally we are exiled to Babylon.

Katerina Marie said...

We wanted to write a post on this or challenge Catholics to do the opposite from what people are doing on this "campaign," but after watching many of the videos on YouTube of young people denying the Holy Spirit, we didn't think it was worth it, since they are criticizing fundamentalists for the most part. I'm still bothered by it though and I'd like to do something about it, but Michael won't let me :)

TheGodFearinFiddler said...

Yea. CurtJester suggested a 'prayer campaign' for them which might not be a bad idea.