Sunday, April 22, 2007

International Apologetics

Im on vacation but an apologist is always on duty! Im not a real apologist but I felt like I had to respond to this guy who wrote the following in reply to this post (which was defending Christianity against paganism not Catholicism from Protestantism):

For someone so young you surely feel you know a lot, a lot of what I don’t know. The Catholics are use to omitting and contradicting the scriptures so what’s new. The ten commandments if you have ever read it states the following Exodus 20: 4 "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand {generations} of those who love me and keep my commandments. That by the way means that you can’t make an image of anything, not of Jesus or Mary or Peter or any one else and then bow down before it like the Catholics so love to do. Even kissing the feet of a dead lifeless statue, this is for your information called idol worship. Don’t assume you can inform others of there errors and there ignorance if you yourself have not the foggiest inclination of the word of God and his instructions to us. Go on keep on kissing the feet of that daemon figure on the cross you and your Pope so love to do and then see Gods judgment in the end of days or turn from your error. Time is to short to waist. If my words sound harsh they are meant to be.
I dont think a real apologist would dignify this with a response. But Im just a young stupid Catholic who thinks I know a lot about stuff. After I finish this post I'll go back to contradicting Scripture and ommitting certain parts of Scripture that don't agree with our doctrine. I need to make this quick though so I can get back to my statue of Mary that I worship every three times per day. Tiber Jumper made a good point responding to my last post - no matter what you say to some Protestants they will never change their mind about certain superstitions they have about Catholics. You can say - "We dont worship Mary or statues" but they wont accept it. Anyway, Im sitting at a tropical beach so ... I cant "waist" any more time on this response. Peace !

3 comments:

Amber said...

Can you imagine how well it would be received if the reverse was happening? Imagine if we told a Protestant that they were worshipping their Bible when they prayed holding it? or that they were sinning when they asked a brother or sister to pray for them...

And then imagine if we TOLD them what they believe... and when they explained, we completely disregarded them as if they have no idea what they practice.

Can you imagine telling a brain surgeon, after all his years as a brain surgeon, that you, who didn't go to medical school have a better understanding of brain surgery than he does himself?

I hate being TOLD what I believe, only to set the record straight and be told that I don't really know what I believe...

Excuse me?

I read something else this evening that was equally as whacky... It was a website instructing the "Christian" how to "save" a Catholic... and how to TEACH them to read the Bible...

Amazing, isn't it?

TheGodFearinFiddler said...

You got that right. Actually for me, I only read a moderate amount of Catholic apologetic material before converting. It was the Protestant anti-Catholic apologetics and or lack thereof that convinced me that the Catholic Church is the true Church.

Good points I have felt the same way many times.

Gretchen said...

It's a thankless task to set somebody straight. Thanks for doing it...and on vacation no less!