Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Why Dont IPODs Have An Off Switch

I would love to see some video footage of the Apple meeting where they decided to build IPods without an on/off switch. "So today's topic - should we have an on off switch on the IPODs or not?"

(Pause for contemplation)

"If we had an on off switch it would help save battery power"

"Thats true. And if we had one it would also allow users to reset their IPod in case the software messed up"

"On off switches would allow users to comply with with airlines when they require passengers to shut off all portable electronic devices"

(Long pause ... everyone deep in thought)

"Its settled! There will be NO on / off switch on our IPODs. Won't that be so neat and unexpected?"

IDIOTS!

4 comments:

Marc said...

You turn it off by holding down the play button (or rather section of the click wheel) until it's off....

TheGodFearinFiddler said...

You learn something new every day! Still it doesn't work when my IPOD freezes which is my primary complaint.

Bizzle said...

What up Tim. Finally catching up on ye olde blog. You've been quite prolific!
I think I can actually help on this one since I've experienced a similar problem. However, to reset your iPod, hold the middle button and the "menu" button at the same time for about 6 seconds or so. Much better than waiting for the battery to run out.
Also, I've started up my blog at modernbizzle.com

TheGodFearinFiddler said...

Sweet, thanks for the tip. I'll add your blog to my bloglines.