Thursday, August 16, 2007

Faith

Faith is such a strange animal. Why is it so hard to trust God? Though it doesn't seem like this sometimes, if I look back on my life of prayer I can't think of anything that I really prayed for and He didn't give me. Why do I worry so much about each thing I pray for then? It just doesn't make sense. I literally cannot think of anything which I have earnestly prayed for and not received. Hmm maybe I should earnestly pray for a million dollars...

In all seriousness, if I really trusted God and in prayer, I wouldn't worry about things like I do.

2 comments:

Pilgrimsarbour said...

Well, welcome to the human race, my friend, in all its "glory." I can name a lot of things that I want, but cannot think of any one thing that I need. Everything has been provided, and I have found over the years that I have spent a great deal of time worrying about nothing.

Tim A. Troutman said...

Note to old self from future self: you should have had more faith - the thing you were worrying about ended up just fine - in fact - great!