Saturday, June 21, 2008

Former Brethren in Christ Pastor Now Catholic

I ran into the blog of this former Protestant (fundamentalist if I can say so) pastor called Heart for God. Do give it a look. H/T Opinionated Catholic.

One of the things that drew me to Catholicism was the Church’s identity as “catholic” — universal. There is so much in Christianity-at-large that claims to be “true,” but it is not universal. There are polarities of exclusiveness and near absence of boundaries. Dogma is disputed as well as issues of personal morals and social ethics. Where is one to find “the truth” in all of this?

4 comments:

George Weis said...

I see this directs to another friend of mine Father Dwight Longinecker... he started at BOB JONES! WOW!!!
Just crazy. He is a great guy. I have his book "More Christianity" His take on starting where Lewis left off. I enjoyed it thus far.Do I agree with it? No, but as you know, there is a part of me that wishes that I could :D

-g-

Tim A. Troutman said...

Want to know something even crazier? Both my parents graduated from Bob Jones :) Yes I've been down there for a Turkey Bowl or two.. and you know what? They have a pretty good art gallery!

Tim A. Troutman said...

Oops, there I go breaking my rules again. Hehe

George Weis said...

Haha! Wow! They went to Bob Jones, but then attend a PCA? Bob Jones is way fundamentalist and PCA is Reformation heaven! Wacky world you come from my friend! I wonder what they think of you :P (sorry)

Bless you my friend!

-g-