Tuesday, July 15, 2008

New Name & New Design for My Blog

Last week, for the first time in my life I won something of value. When I was 12 I remember opening a bottle cap and winning 10 cents. I suppose I won a few 20 oz Mellow Yellows as a teenager, but I simply don't win stuff. Until last week that is - when I won a free blog design by Tekeme Studios.

So here it is folks along with the new name for my blog - "Army of Martyrs". (If you link to me, I would appreciate a name change in your links, the address is obviously the same). I started "The God Fearin' Forum" as a place to defend the Church with what little knowledge a simple RCIA candidate could muster and in doing so, help myself learn more about the Christian faith. Over the last 2 years or so, the blog has had a tendency to drift towards patristics following my current study. This is the direction I would like to take it from here on out.

I've always like the powerful imagery evoked by the phrase "Army of Martyrs" found in the ancient Christian hymn "Te Deum". A name like this might land you on the watch list of the Department of Homeland Security but I think my readers will know I have something different in mind!

So I hope you like the new look & the name & thanks to Tekeme Studios blog for the awesome design!

23 comments:

George Weis said...

Tim,

It was my pleasure to work with you on this, since I am a regular visitor of this blog of yours. I love the content, and now I have a particular bias to the look of it too :)

Your content is intense, and I think the intensity is now captured visually... now for merchandise!

Many Blessings to you my friend! May this Blog continue to be a great place to discuss and learn!

-g-

Principium unitatis said...

Tim and George, it looks really good.

Keep up the good stuff here. Your blog is becoming more and more enjoyable to read.

In the peace of Christ,

- Bryan

Annette M. Heidmann said...

Wow! It looks great! Good job to the designers!

Kim said...

OOOOOO! Niiiiice! Now we need to get Bryan's blog all doodied up. Is that in the works, Bryan?

japhy said...

Wow. Ku-dos.

George Weis said...

Yes indeed,

Just give me a holler if you want to do a little revamp.
Good thoughts deserve a great backdrop!

Blessings to you all!

-g-

JP said...

Wow, Tim. Nice....real nice.


Good job.

Joseph said...

Nice job, George.

George Weis said...

Thank you,

May the Lord be glorified in it!

-g-

~Joseph the Worker said...

This looks really good. I changed your name on my links too.

Tim A. Troutman said...

Joseph TW - Thanks for the link update and everyone else: thanks for the comments.

Gretchen said...

Wow! Beautiful, intense, deep. Great new name and design. I've got it updated on my blog. Now, I've got blog envy, too. Must go to confession. Must.

Krystina said...

Tim,

I guess I stand solo when I say that I think I liked the look of the old blog better and liked having the links on the left margin for quick reference. Also, it was light and airy and the dark colors make it look more Catholic (which is good) but may scare off some non-Catholics who may be a bit curious. I guess I'm just a creature of habit. Having said all that though.....the site overall looks great!

Tim A. Troutman said...

Krystina, thanks for being honest. I moved the archive back up on the left side, I wasn't sure how much use that got.

As long as it's not too bold to run you off I'm ok but I don't mind scaring off a Protestant or two... (JOKE!!!)

George Weis said...

HA! Funny that a Protestant (even though I hate the term) Designed it!

-g-

Rene'e said...

Your blog looks great Tim. I think its very unique. George and Ashley do great work.

George Weis said...

Wow! Thanks Ma. glad you like it :)

-g-

The Catholic Journeyman said...

I more than like it, its fitting to Tim's writing style as well as a great backdrop.....But....its not one page wide, I get a scroll bar where it appears to default to sitting too far left, probably caused by the header size...small price to pay...I'll still visit!
-Dave

Tim A. Troutman said...

Catholic Journeyman, glad you like it. I am working on getting that issue fixed or at least less of a problem. It looks great when maximized especially if you have a big screen.

Tim A. Troutman said...

But if you have a smaller window it doesn't look right.

George Weis said...

I will be tackling this gentleman. I will reluctantly take the FLOURESHES (that is what ya call em) out of the design. Tim, thanks for your patience. We have been swamped in general.

Thanks man!

-g-

The Catholic Journeyman said...

point of tech info only....I have a Dell 21 inch wide screen monitor and still have a2 inch bar...but...hey...petty details...it is a beauty enough that I may hire George, (their) work is sublime.
-Dave

Tim A. Troutman said...

George take your time. I love the flourishes, I hope there is a way to do it without taking them out.

Catholic Journeyman - for what it's worth, I highly recommend them. The work is easily worth twice what they're charging.