Monday, September 21, 2009

Bad Arguments Against the Magisterium

I want to heartily recommend a post by Dr. Liccione entitled "Bad Arguments Against the Magisterium." I was just preparing a post on this very topic for CTC when I caught his and instead of re-inventing the wheel, I'll point my readers to his blog.

I especially liked this thought:
Assuming Christianity is true, the fact remains that no particular believer, not even the pope, can ever be absolutely certain that their own understanding of a particular doctrine is as free from error as the doctrine itself. Rather, and as a matter of fact, they trust implicitly that the doctrine is true and seek to conform their mind ever more closely with that of the Church, for which the Magisterium speaks, on the doctrine's subject matter.

No comments: